Executive Coach & Facilitator, Hong Kong
About this Coach
She is a certified career coach and corporate facilitator with nearly a decade of experience at Citibank and the recent 3 years having spent in an entrepreneurial pursuit.
She is co-Founder and Director of Training at Zaya Learning Labs in Mumbai, India and covers this role from a distance since moving back to Hong Kong earlier in 2014. She helped set up this social enterprise for implementing scalable systems to increase access to education for low-income learners in India and abroad. She has extensively used coaching to grow the young talent in her start-up.
Her corporate experience includes Wipro (one of India's largest technology firms) and Citibank (across multiple business segments). After 4 years in business functions, she has spent 6 years in Learning & Development at Citi, which gave her immense opportunities to work across the spectrum of soft skills development at all frontline and management levels – in both front office and back office functions. As a training manager, she was responsible for identifying training and development needs, designing, developing and delivering training (focus on soft skills, especially sales), assessing the return on investment, ensuring statutory training requirements were met, and the effective use of technology/e-learning.
- Certified Business Coach (CBC) with Worldwide Association of Business Coaches (June 2012)Member of executive committee of Hong Kong International Coaching Community (2010/11)
- Advanced Certificate in Professional Corporate Coaching (Progress-U)
- Masters in Business Administration (Marketing) from Indian Institute of Management (IIM), Ahmedabad, India – India’s premier Business School
- Bachelor of Commerce from Pune University, India
Expertise / Services Provided
- Career & Sales Coaching
- Programs on Communication and Stress Management
Assessments / Tools
- Harrison Assessments
- TrueProgress 360 Degree Assessment
- Services offered in: English
- 1 year in Wipro in Corporate Sales for financial services industry.
- 10 years in Citibank, India (Internet and E-commerce team, Remittances Business as Product Manager and Learning & Development Manager)
- As Product Manager of the Remittances Business in Citibank, she worked with teams across the globe (Middle East, Asia, USA, Canada, Africa, EU) for 2 years.
- As Training Manager for the Remittances Business, Soma supported multiple country teams for 4 years.
- As the Dean of Citibank Wealth Management Institute (Internal Institute for training), she worked closely with the APAC team in Singapore.
- Co-founder of Zaya Learning Labs
- Organization building including angel funding (from Pearson), hiring & training talent (20 team members)
- Marketing and representing Zaya at different forums including social entrepreneurship contests
- Structuring teacher training for blended learning pedagogy